Riverweave Studio on etsy.com

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Driftless Area Art Festival


So honored to have my work recognized this year at the Driftless Area Art Festival.  So many fine artists in one place, it is humbling, unexpected and Amazing!!!  to be singled out for an award.
Thank you to State Street Gallery in LaCrosse, WI for sponsoring the Merit Awards.




I believe this was the piece that got the attention.  I had it on a dress form, the judge studied pretty well.  The following photo of a monarch caterpillar in my back yard is the inspiration.  All you have to do is look to nature to see the most beautiful colors The pattern is an 8-Harness Twill that  reminded me of 'eyes' in a peacock's tail feathers.





A picture of my booth at the art fair.  







1 comment:

william said...

thank you for sharing you blogs its very interesting and beautiful
click here