Riverweave Studio on etsy.com

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pretty in Pink



My new loom - it's all set up and working



    

Just finished vest jackets (above) with loom-designed fabric,  clothes with soul.

Soul, an essence of life.  It happens to something when it is made with hands that weave, sew, turn a potters wheel, mosaic, paint, the list could go on.  Much thought goes into the process of hand-done - textures, colors, the fit and how it will look.  Each piece unique.  Sometimes you might want to put on something with a little soul.  Wear it and part of the maker is in it.  

These vest / jackets are woven with linen, silk and wool.  The bit of pink one is made with a beautiful yarn bought in a local yarn shop, hand spun and dyed.  A friend ordered a vest, she wanted some pink, silver and black in the mix.  That yarn was just waiting for me that day. A mohair/wool combination with a mix of pink, white and a silvery blue spun into a most divine yarn.   I had enough to make two, she has one and this one is in my etsy shop.   The black and white has hand-spun in it as well, along with a taupe, black mohair mix.  In finishing the fabric is washed and the wool is felted.  
Designed, handwoven and sewn in my workshop. 

Pretty in Black and White too!



  

2 comments:

barbindell said...

Really nice--like the textures a lot. They look really fragile in the pictures but when I saw them for real they look quite sturdy---great job 4

riverweave said...

Thanks Barb! I can use that description - fragile - look yet sturdy, now I have a genuine testimonial!